vineri, 3 iulie 2009

Updates


~~ Wow, it's been over a month since I last posted on this blog. I apologize for my absence but it wasn't causeless.
~~ The main reason why I haven't been around much lately is that I dedicated more time to studying. I had a paper to finish and a final exam to pass -- I graduated college.
So now I have a Bachelor Degree in Sociology and Social Work - YAY!!!
~~ I have come to the conclusion that my passion for music has been my savior in many situations (school related). Do you have any idea how many essays about music I wrote for my English class in high-school?!
In college I got an A+ on an essay about asylums. Our English teacher asked us to write and essay based on one of Erving Goffman's books and I chose the one entitled "Asylums". We were also requested to use two more sources and to express our own opinion about the chosen subject. Aside from my own opinion about asylums and the way the inmates are treated, the other two references where Coelho's book "Veronik decides to die" and Metallica's "Sanitarium". The teacher loved my essay so much she gave me an A+:)
~~ Music saved me again this year. In order to graduate we are supposed to write a paper (50-80 pages)and the final exam consists of a 20 mins presentation of the paper+ a couple of questions. My paper is about Emo adolescents and their relationship with their parents - a sociological qualitative research.
~~ Have I ever told you how much I love music and that my life would be so empty without it?!
~~ Anyway aside from college I haven't been doing much. I've read a couple of books ("Chronicle of a Death Foretold" by G.Garcia Marquez, "Madame Bovary" by Gustave Flaubert and some of R. Tagore's poetry) and drawn.
~~ I'm looking forward to going to the mountains with Andra and have some fun:)
Till then I guess I'll just keep myself busy with reading, drawing and housekeeping activities:P

2 comentarii:

hello spunea...

Congratulations!! Have a wonderful vacation- you deserve it!

myonlyphoto spunea...

Congratulations Doina, and welcome back. You are my type of girl, take care of important things first. So you love music, wow that is very interesting. Anna :)